After losing excess body weight, maintaining the ideal weight is not quite as tricky (although still not easy).
There are several choices that you could do and most are as easy as picking the correct products and choosing wisely.
Things to do :
1. Cook at home. Cooking at home gives you a very good idea of the contents and the limits of the nutrition that you are serving. In short cooking at home makes you manage well what you serve. One of the main causes of improper dieting is the drive to the fast food. Hefty amount and sodas have already taken its toll. Limited variety of the food in the diet nailed the malnutrition issue. Being too busy and having less time is a good reason why eating fast food meals were preferred. Eating imbalanced diet negated it.
2. Have variety in your diet. There are six basic food groups, all of which have their own advantages. Ideally you must have portions of them in recommended amounts to maintain the ideal weight. Understandably, that will not be possible every time. If that is the case, just limit the eating of food that contains fat, sodium and much sugar. While these are needed too by the body, the cause of overweight and being undernourished is that the average person have more than three times the amount of these foods in their daily meals.
3. Exercise. No matter how busy anyone is, exercise is a must. The main cause of being large whatever the age is eating and being sedentary. You do not need expensive exercise equipments for this. Jogging, brisk walking, climbing the stairs and hanging on a tree limb or a doorjamb, do the trick.
Things not to do :
1. Do not go back to the same food choices and dietary habits as before. This sounds very obvious but the temptation to backslide is so strong that resolves are sometimes thrown out the window just to indulge in a “harmless” little more, followed by a little bit more.
2. Do not under-eat. Under-nourishment is just as bad as over eating, sometimes more so. But if you must want to feel light, take power foods. There are several foods in the market that are very inexpensive. Oatmeal, avocado, cereals, fish, berries, walnuts etc, are the foods that are usually taken lightly but are in fact are very good choices when the goal is to maintain your ideal weight.
Please share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google +
Good luck !